Repair a canvas... by Clémentine Fighiera-Curti
- Stick to the back a canvas piece, lin, oozes juice, cotton or « cotton and synthetic » (1,2 cm up to the hole, with round corners) with a glue made of latex (copydex). Cut the yarns.
- Keep 4 hours under presses.
- Mix Paris gypsum with some water and collapse the hole with the finger while leveling. Leave to dry 24 hours.
- Clean the surplus on and around the repair with a wet rag.
- Recover the gypsum with a little of varnish by touching it up with the finger. Leave to dry 12 hours.
- Repaint the missing part.
- Varnish everything 1 month later, or late if this not well dry.