Social Status of the ArtistHere are some elements that will inform you about the status of artists in France. This information is extracted from the National Center of Plastic Arts of the Ministry of Culture and Communication Is there a social status of the artist?
There is no statute itself. However, since 1 January 1977, the authors, artists should enjoy special social insurance (Articles L.382-1 et seq and R.382-1 et seq of the Code of Social Security).
They enjoy the benefits of social insurance under the same conditions as employees, although self-employed.
However, they can benefit from this plan during their first year of operation. They are beneficiaries of another scheme (employee, student, universal health coverage). I am an artist, how do I qualify for Social Security?
You should contact: La Maison des artistes
90, avenue de Flandre
75943 Paris Cedex 19
tel. : 01 53 35 83 63
fax. : 01.44.89.94.43
Site: www.lamaisondesartistes.fr or Agessa
21 bis, rue de Bruxelles
75439 Paris Cedex 09
tel. : 01.48.78.25.00
fax. : 01.48.78.60.00
Site: www.agessa.org These agencies examine your application and if you meet the conditions provided by law, submit the case to fund primary health insurance authority (that of spring to your home), who will make your membership you send your card annual Social Security (Vitale card) and make the repayment of benefits in kind and in cash. I am a foreign artist, how do I qualify for Social Security artists writers in France?
You must have a tax domicile in France, which means that you must reside at least 6 months and one day in France per year. What are the requirements to be affiliated to the regime of artists, authors?
- Have a tax domicile in France
- Independently perform a personal activity of creation and earning income from artistic distribution, marketing or sale of the work which he is the author (regardless of whether that income came from France or abroad )
- Demonstrating its work during the year preceding the application for membership to receive the entitlements to social security (sickness, maternity, invalidity, old age, death and family benefits), the author must justify having received royalties for an amount equivalent to 900 times the average hourly minimum wage during the last calendar year preceding the application for membership of the scheme, or 5676 for the year 2000 (37,233 F) and 5886 to 2001 (38,610 F).
This is not the turnover that is selected for membership in the plan authors, but the net tax ie after deducting business expenses.
The person who, during the last calendar year has seen a profit noncommercial inadequate for the above threshold, has the opportunity to be affiliated, if proved, to the Professional Committee of the House of artists or those the Agessa of its professional commitment during the last calendar year. What is the income considered for membership of the artist-author?
This is the net income tax is withheld for membership. The artist-author in effect declares his income in the category of "non-commercial profits. Profit is the difference between revenue and expenses (business expenses). This latter, increased 15%, which is considered for membership. What is the coverage of the system of artists, authors?
The scheme covers sickness, maternity, widowhood, old age base, disability, death and provides support to family benefits. In health insurance - and be subject to update their contributions - the artists, authors can also receive daily allowances in case of absence from work due to illness (waiting period: 3 days).An artist author who does not meet the requirements to be met by the regime of artists, authors will be affiliated to the regime of universal health coverage (CMU) for the grant of benefits in kind of health insurance unless can be supported also by the fact that he is an employee, student or as entitled to a spouse, a cohabitant.However, the scheme artists authors do not cover the possibility of "industrial accident, occupational disease "because there is no contribution" employer "as in the general scheme.It is reported that in matters of employment injury, occupational disease, someone who is not subject to compulsory insurance may purchase voluntary insurance to fund primary health insurance to its habitual residence. The scheme covers artists, authors he risk "work accident, occupational disease?
The artists plan sponsors do not cover the risk "work accident, occupational disease" because there is no contribution "employer" as in the general scheme.It is reported that in matters of employment injury, occupational disease Any person not subject to compulsory insurance can take out voluntary insurance to fund primary health insurance to its habitual residence. What benefits are covered by social insurance for artists, authors?
These benefits in kind - the cost of general medical or specialty;
- Surgical procedures;
- Care and dentures;
- The costs of rehabilitation and retraining;
- Contraceptive care, it is also cash benefits: - per diem sickness (they are paid to the insured from the 4th day of work stoppage);
- Per diem maternity or paternity;
- Daily allowances for adoption (they are paid to the father or the mother) The accident is not covered by social insurance or occupational disease, but health costs involved are reimbursed under the health insurance. To receive benefits in kind and in cash, the authors, artists must address the care sheets and other documents to the primary fund health insurance for his home and not at the art gallery or Agessa. The earnings per diem is only possible if the artist is current author of dues. What steps should we take to qualify for social security for artists, writers?
To enjoy all the benefits in kind and cash Social Security just as an employee, the artist-author who proves he has received royalties for $ 5886 ¤ 2001 must make a application for membership in the Agessa or House of Artists in 2002 and complete a file that is provided upon request by the agency.The documents needed are determined by order: - tax returns
- Examples of work
- Copies of contracts
- Good command ...
- All evidence to assess the real professional commitment when he contribute on a flat of 2838 ¤ (18,617 F) for periods of 1st and 2nd quarters of 2002 and on a flat equal to 5886 ¤ (38,610 F) (for periods of 3rd and 4th quarters of 2002 and for 1st and 2nd quarters of 2003, subject to deduction of contributions that have already been paid by the withholding tax mechanism. Under this reservation it is deemed to fulfill the work requirements Articles by R.313-1 to R.313-9 code of social security to qualify for benefits. Indeed, having borne by deduction at source (withholding tax) contributions sickness and widowhood, CSG CRDS and not enough to justify rights to social security to the Agessa and fund primary health insurance. I already benefiting from social security, thanks to my spouse, or because I have already employed, why do I subscribe to the art gallery or Agessa?
If you draw an income from artistic activity, you must contribute to social insurance artists-writers, even if you contribute also. But entitlements are open within the main activity, ie that which is most profitable.
However, if wage income earned simultaneously artistic, the calculation of contributions under the pension scheme on artistic income will reflect what has already been paid wages for the same period of activity. What is the difference between the art gallery and Agessa?
La Maison des artistes manages the affiliation of authors of graphic artists (painters, sculptors, printmakers, textile designers, graphic designers, illustrators, artists ...). The Agessa manages the membership of other authors, including photographers, illustrators and literary writings of scientists, software writers and authors of audiovisual works. Links: Agessa: www.agessa.org
Home Artists: www.lamaisondesartistes.fr